Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mutalik and Valentine's Day

Just could not resist writing about this.

This is one of those rare times when self-declared social police have not been allowed to get away with such unlawful decrees. Thanks for media and ever present camera-men, the mangalore pub attack attracted lot of attention.

The underlying message is scary - we are being talibanized and we should resist it to the fullest extent.

My full support to those who came up with this 'pink chaddi' campaign i.e. Consortium of Pub-going, Loose and Forward Women :) http://thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com/

May I say, I see a bit of Gandhism in this form of response!

I have been reading a few comments on this campaign on the internet. I had thought this would be very well received, but contrary to my expectations, it has received non-approval from lots of folks (males I guess). Shows how much conservativeness we have shed (not shed) even among internet users.

I am glad for people like Susan. Great work...

For those who do not know what I am writing about.. check this link http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100624625

Comments welcome....

No comments: