Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Newton's 4th law of motion - All that falls down, comes up (barring some bad apples)

So much has happened in last 2-3 months.
- Totally unexpected jump in the markets.
- Totally unexpected election results
- Made an inter-state move of household
- and much more...(satyam... )

My portfolio is now up 26% over acquisition cost. Lot of this gain is courtesy my BFSI-weighted portfolio (helped a lot by ICICI Bank).

Another pleasing thing is my Hotel portfolio is looking good. My investments made in Indian Hotels around 26/11 (more to show solidarity) are paying off. I think I will donate the profits from Indian Hotels to charity since that investment was not made from a profit perspective.

Another biggest winner in the pack was my investments in JM Basic MF which saw impressive gains

These are my top 12 sector-wise holdings by market value. If you compare that with my Feb holding distribution, you will see substantial jump in Oil & Gas and reduction in Gold

More later, the biggest question now is, does one take profits off the table or not? Its been a long wait, have been patient for last 18 months, in fact shown some guts in adding to the portfolio in this period. Having survived the worst moment, do I chicken out now or is now the time to really reap the benefits. Catch-22 situation. Will ponder over it for a while, will stay put till then.

I did sell some itsy bitsy investments - sold M&M (with intention of picking it up again, below 500). Also sold Reliance Ind.

Lots more to write, will be back soon....







No comments: