Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

I would be focussing on commodity and energy investments in 2010. Primarily agri/oil/natural gas based. Valuations are a concern, but will keep on monitoring select opportunities.
Other one would be technology (and I dont mean IT Services here), that in my opinion is an evergreen story. Here however, investing in idividual stocks could be risky, so would be looking at broad-based investments (read as mutual funds) rather than individual stocks. Though I kick myself for not picking up MSFT at 16. I came very close and chickened out. Could have financed a cruise :(

About Oil, anyone has suggestions for good investments if one is bullish on oil? To remove political and ecological risks of investing in specific oil majors, I put money directly in Oil (USO and USL) but I think I could do better